Sunday, November 26, 2006

My Daddy Strongest!!!

Well thats exactly what I thought about my Papa untill he decided to give us all a fright by falling ill 2 days ago.
Eventhough I am grown up and am a healthcare proffesional, I always kinda belived that my papa was invincible... so when he fell ill... it shocked me.Guess all this got me thinking about papa


Pa as I call him, is the funniest man you could ever meet...he will crack you up with his silly pj's and usually manages to make us all laugh.
He is a man who at the age of 59 still tries wrestling with his grown son(tries being the key word here)...he still like it when we make a major fuss on his Bday and he still irritates mom by trying to help her in the kitchen :):)(guess this actually makes her day).But among all the laughter he is strict when necessary..he made it sure that both his kids learnt how important it was to give respect and to command respect from others.


I have always been his darling...his most favorite person(or I atleast like to think so:):))...anyways he has always been there for me and and no request (read demand) of mine was ever forgotten or not dealt with. Among all the fun and frolic I do belive I am what I am today because of him n ofcourse because of mom (but thats a whole different story...or blog rather). We have had our shares of arguments and fights but that doesnt change the fact that pa has always been there for me whenever..wherever.

I have always tried to live my life on the standards and principles that he had set for himself and I think my biggest achievment till date would be the fact that my parents are proud of me.

When pa fell ill..I actually ended up thinking that life as i knew it was over...untill the results showed us that everything was normal. But dont think I will ever take anything for granted ever again.

My pa is still the greatest n bestest n funniest n coolest n.....but have realized that he might not be the strongest and that its time I became strong for his sake...time for me to grow up n time for him to relax...

Pa get well soon......I love ya soooooooooooooo much!!!!


"A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again." ~Enid Bagnold

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very very touching account and candid writeup....I guess many of us share the same views about our parents, our up-bringing and the "taking for granted" part. Thank you for sharing ! Wish your parents and all your dear ones long, happy & healthy life! God bless!

Preethi Rahul said...

Really cute...almost all dads seem to be the same..a nd that too if they ahve two daughters... then... no question at all... though we have fights and clashes.. somehow they are a very important part of our lives..