Saturday, January 13, 2007

Tuesdays with Morrie

Finally, finally I brought myself a copy of Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom.

I have been planning to buy this book forever, everytime I thought of buying it, I either did not find the book or forgot about it once I entered the book store:):)
n finally today, managed to pick it up at a roadside seller in commercial street...yaaaaa:):)

I have read this book about 4 times already...the first time being when I was 18..and frankly the book dint make much sense to me then( guess i was a typical dumb teenager:):) anyways, the second time I read the book, well I somehow ended up liking it a lot...have read it 2 times after that and everytime I read this book, it makes a little more sense to me:):)

Recommend this book to everyone, it is definitly worth the money.

Qutoes from the book----

"Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do."

"I decided I'm going to live-- or at least try to live- the way I want, with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure"

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think is important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is devote yourself to loving others, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

"The culture we have does not make people feel good about themselves and you have to be strong enough to say if it doesn't work don't buy it."

"If you're trying to show off for people at the top, forget it. They will look down at you anyhow. And if you're trying to show off for people at the bottom, forget it. They will only envy you. Status will get you nowhere. Only an open heart will allow you to float equally between everyone."

"Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you trust them, too - even when you're in the dark. Even when you're falling."

No comments: