Friday, April 11, 2008

Presenting the Bread Dosa:):)!!

As I have mentioned before the credit for my cooking success goes to my mom n' all the various food blogs that I read.
During one of my random food blog surfing I came across Srivalli's blog- Cooking 4 all seasons. She had a post asking all bloggers to submit recipes for dosas -any and every kind possible for a Dosa Mela!!
The minute I read this I knew that I had to submit the recipe of Bread Dosa asap.

Being a South Indian I think dosa has always been a quintessential part of my life.I still miss sitting next to ma in the kitchen as she made hot,deliciously divine ghee dosa's just for me!!!oh I wish I was in India:(:(...oh well!!!

While I still have not mastered the art of making perfect dosa's I can say that the recipe I'm writing about makes a hassle free,simple n' super tasty dosa .
I got this recipe from my mom's recipe book during my last trip to India just cause it sounded good; well as it turns out the recipe was a great find!!

So heres presenting the---
BREAD DOSA



Recipe Source
: Mom's cook book:)
Pictures courtesy: Hubby darling:)
Serves: 8 dosas

Ingredients:
Bread- 6 slices (shredded/crumbled fine)
Eggs- 2
Milk- 1/2 cup
Tomato sauce- 1 tblsp
Onion- 1 (chopped fine)
Chilli powder- 1 tblsp
Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Coriander- half a bunch(chopped fine)

Method:
Cut off the sides of the bread and crumble it. I usualy crumble the bread by using the blender.
Beat eggs and add to the bread.
Add all the other ingredients and mix.
Consistency of the batter should be similar to the consistency of regular dosa batter
Heat non stick tava.
Add one scoop of batter and spread even like pancake.
Flip the side after a few mins.
Serve hot with chutney.

PS:
I usually add more chilli powder as we tend to like more spicy food in our house.
Might have to spread a little oil if you are using a regular tava.
The dosa can be eaten by itself n' its tastes better hot!!

Well as u can see by the pics..I still cannot make perfect round dosa's..but atleast they taste good..now thats all that matter right:):)!!
Hope all of u like this recipe...happy cooking people!

2 comments:

Srivalli said...

Such a nice recipe..very unique!

Pointblank said...

hey.. shud check it out some time.. yeah round Dosas are a pain.. anyways... u wusn put it in ur mouth as one whole round peice, so y fret over tat?!?1

and m glad ur back at the ame time around m back too!